Established in 1891, the City of Marysville was founded by a trader, James P. Comeford and wife Maria, who first arrived in the area in 1878 and paved the way for many pioneer families to follow. The Comefords lived on the neighboring Tulalip reservation for six years, traveling the waterways and seeing to the work of the 18 logging camps. You can a get a glimpse of pioneer life in the 1884 hand-hewn cedar home of the Gehl pioneer family, which now sits in Jennings Park. The interior of the house has been furnished as a typical farmhouse of the 1880s with wood burning stove and rustic furniture.
Today, Marysville is a thriving community situated near the banks of the Snohomish River. It hosts a number of fun festivals, notably the Tulalip Pow-Wow and Strawberry Festival. Begun over 60 years ago as a one-day community celebration, the June Strawberry Festival has grown into a ten-day event drawing people from around the Puget Sound region.
Bonneville Hot Springs Resort and SpaNorth BonnevilleNatural spring mineral water, known for its therapeutic effects, flows from the ground at a warm 97... Read More