From gourmet toffee and coffee to handcrafted candles and soap, Washington’s locally made goods make fantastic souvenirs. So say goodbye to the snow globes and shot glasses, and take home creations from these Washington-based artisans.
1. Liberty Orchards, Cashmere, dusts its jellied Aplets and Cotlets with powdered sugar for any sweet tooth.
2. Brown & Haley, Tacoma, concocts buttery, chocolate-and-almond-coated Almond Roca toffee confections, each individually swathed in gold foil.
3. Grain Design, Bainbridge Island, hand sculpts solid beeswax totem candles, which perfume the air with a sweet honey scent.
4. Mount St. Helens Forest Learning Center Gift Shop, Toutle, sells colorful blown-glass art swirled with volcanic ash from
the infamous 1980 eruption.
5. Anderson Family Farm, Ellensburg, produces lotions and soap bars that are made with pure, natural milk from its herd of goats.
6. Dry Fly Distillery, Spokane, crafts its award-winning Washington Bourbon 101 from locally grown corn, wheat and barley, resulting in a subtly sweet, oaky taste. Discover more Washington breweries and distilleries >>
7. Palouse Brand, Pullman, takes “farm to table” to a new level by labeling its Pardina lentils with the exact field in which they were grown.
8. San Juan Island Sea Salt, Friday Harbor, harvests its finishing salt by hand before letting the sun’s evaporating power do the rest.
9. Liberty Bottleworks, Union Gap, crafts recycled-aluminum water bottles that pay homage to Washington with creative designs of Mount Rainier, Seattle’s public transit system and the Seahawks’ 12th man.
10. Tony’s Coffee, Bellingham, craft-roasts its award-winning Ganesha Espresso, which features hints of floral and chocolate, in small batches.
11. Olympic Lavender Farm, Sequim, cultivates the fragrant flower on five acres of Olympic Peninsula land. Pick up a bundle of dried lavender, or choose from an array of bath products infused with the delicate scent.
Find more specialty stores in Washington >>
Photo Credit: Olympic Lavender Heritage Farm.